The Kent Overbey Scholarship award may be given annually to a graduating Huron male student who participated in cross country running. During his years teaching and coaching at Huron High School, Mr. Overbey always provided support and encouragement for athletes to do their personal best, both on the track and in the classroom. He especially helped athletes plan for their future and encouraged them to be serious scholars in high school.
- A graduating senior high school male who has run varsity cross country at Huron High School.
- If appropriate, more than one scholarship may be granted.
- Applicant needs financial assistance to attend college/university.
- Application can be obtained using the link below.
- Completed application and required documents listed on the application should be submitted to email@example.com.
- Award recipient(s) will be chosen by a selection committee of the Cross Country coaches.
- Huron’s Athletic Office will advise the Ann Arbor Educational Foundation of the winner(s), the amount to be awarded, and the recipients’ contact information by the AAEF deadline.
Varies annually; usually $500 per recipient.
- AAEF will send a check directly to the student after receiving their information from HHS Athletic Office.
Applications for that school year will be accepted as soon as the Cross Country season begins. Complete an application form, along with the short essay, and submit it by October 1. HHS Athletic Office will notify the Educational Foundation no later than October 15.