The Kacee Cronk Scholarship is awarded to a graduating Pioneer female who displays the dedication to succeed in academic and athletic endeavor that was evident in the life of Kacee Cronk. Kacee was a gymnast and scholar at Pioneer who died shortly after her graduation (1989) in a car accident. The recipient will be a woman with the same qualities as Kacee.
Kacee only lived to be 18, but in those 18 years she touched the hearts and souls of many people in a way that will never be forgotten. She was a kind, generous, and caring person. Her love for others was unmistakable; she was one of those people that loved to give more than to receive.
She deeply loved her family, friends, and any children she met. Having a compassionate soul, she went about taking care of people. Her schedule was never so busy that she didn’t make time for what she felt was important. Her family were fortunate that in her teen years, she continued to make family a priority because our time with her was very limited.
Kacee was always involved in gymnastics. From the time she was a small child, she pursued her dream of being a gymnast. Her dedication and discipline through the years enabled her to be a highly competitive athlete on the Pioneer High School Gymnastics team. She especially loved the balance beam, despite the many bruises. Between an outstanding performance, and an unexpected tumble, she developed a love-hate relationship with it. However, it was on the beam that she found focus and determination.
Kacee approached academics with the same zeal and discipline. She started her college education while still in high school. She was proud to have been accepted at Michigan State University. She was a truly successful student athlete.
Kacee’s generosity and giving spirit continues through the Kacee Cronk Scholarship Fund at Pioneer High School and with Kacee’s Gift. Her family is honored by gifts in memory of an amazing young woman who was always in the pursuit of excellence.
A senior female who plans on continuing her education after graduating from Pioneer.
Dedication to succeed in academic and athletic endeavors.
This is not strictly an athletic scholarship and participation in varsity athletics is not required.
A GPA of 2.5 or above.
- Application can be obtained using the link below.
- Completed application form and required documents listed on the application should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The recipient will be chosen by the principal, athletic director, and Booster Club executive board at Pioneer.
- Pioneer’s Athletic Department will notify Educational Foundation of their selection and provide the contact information for the scholarship recipient.
- Varies, but typically one at $1,000.00
Upon receipt of Confirmation of Enrollment (which needs to include the Student ID number and the mailing address of the Financial Aid Office of the recipient’s selected college or university) AAEF will forward the scholarship check directly to the Financial Aid Office. Confirmation of Enrollment should be emailed to email@example.com no later than July 15.
- Applications must be submitted to the Ann Arbor Educational Foundation by April 15, no later than 5pm
- Athletic Office will notify the Foundation of their selection by May 1 no later than 5pm