Given annually to a graduating female senior in memory of Evy Eugene Mavrellis. Ms. Mavrellis graduated from Pioneer High School where she was the first female student body president. She was devoted to children at risk and served for more than 20 years as the Director of COPE O’Brien Center for Youth Development. This award recognizes exemplary leadership demonstrated through outstanding contributions to community service, academic achievement and commitment to education and the field of human service.
A graduating Pioneer High School female senior who demonstrates exemplary leadership qualities
Planning to attend college or university and intends to pursue a career in education and/or human services
The applicant must have been active in community service activities, participated in extra curricular activities, and have an above average academic rating
- Application can be obtained using the link below.
- Completed application form and required documents listed on the application should be submitted to email@example.com.
- The recipient will be determined by a committee of Pioneer counselors and teachers; they will notify the Ann Arbor Educational Foundation of their recommendation by the deadline listed below.
- Selection of the recipient will be made by a committee of Pioneer counselors and teachers; they will notify Educational Foundation of their recommendation by the deadline listed below
- One at $500
- AAEF will send an award packet to the recipient.
- Upon receipt of Proof of Enrollment, (which needs to include the Student ID number and the mailing address for the awardee’s post-secondary educational institution), the Educational Foundation will forward the scholarship check directly to that institution of higher learning. Proof of Enrollment should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications must be submitted to the Ann Arbor Educational Foundation by April 15, no later than 5pm
- Athletic Office will notify the Foundation of their selection by May 1, no later than 5pm